Admissions for the academic year 2022-23
How to become a Somaiya student
We are delighted that you are considering a certification programme at K J Somaiya Private Industrial Training Institute. Please read all instructions and requirements carefully to ensure a complete and correct application. Feel free to contact us on email@example.com in case of any queries.
Certificate course in Computer Hardware & Networking
Certificate course in EV Charger & Solar Technician
Certificate course in Multi-Skill Technician
- SSC pass or fail
|Online Pre-admission form Submission for Institute level http://admissions.somaiya.edu/ (Mandatory)||
1st April 2023 onwards
Online filling of pre-admission form of college available on college website : www.admissions.somaiya.edu and payment of Rs 200/- towards registration of pre-admission form through payment gateway mentioned in the form.
- Through Online
- Through Offline (Cheque /DD)
- Parents and students are requested to go through the prospectus and admission notices put on the college notice boards and college’s website http://iti.somaiya.edu. before seeking admission in the college.
- The College is conferred with Gujarati Linguistic Minority Status by the Govt. of Maharashtra, under which 50% of the seats at the entry level are reserved for the aforesaid linguistic minority. The remaining seats are allotted as per merit and according to other norms laid down by the university and the government from time to time.
- The College or the Management does not accept any donation or capitation fees for any admission. The admission to students is given as per the standard and transparent procedures. Any person approaching the students or parents for donation/capitation fees should be reported to the Principal immediately.
- The Principal reserves the right to amend or modify the rules regarding admission, as and when such amendments and guidelines are received from the Board, the University, the Government or the Management. The Principal also reserves the right to refuse admission, if in his opinion; such an admission is likely to adversely affect the overall discipline of the college. .
- Admission preference will be given to students who have passed the eligibility qualification in the preceding academic year.
- All admissions are on a first come first serve basis
Print-out of Pre-admission form from Somaiya Portal- http://admissions.somaiya.edu Need to submit in the institute office at the time of admission.
2 sets of Xerox of following documents:
- SSC Marksheet.
- School /College Leaving Certificate
- Passing Certificate
- Four passport size latest colored photographs of the learner
- Aadhar Card
|Sr no||Trade||Tution Fees||Equipment Maintenance & operational Charges||Examination Fees||Library Fees||Audio visual aid fees||Equipment up gradation fees||Raw Material Charges||Caution Money||Other Charges||Fees Amt|
Cancellation Policy for Provisional Admission
A provisional seat will be offered based on the merit and availability of seats taken together. A candidate who is offered a provisional seat needs to pay 25000 only as per stipulated admission schedule to secure the same.
If candidate chooses to withdraw from the programme of study and application for cancellation of admission is received, then the deduction of fees will be as follows:
|Point of time when application for admission cancellation is received by college||Deduction Applicable|
|From date of provisional admission till admission confirmation (appropriate phases as applicable)||4000|
|After the date of confirmation of admission||Deductions will be as per rules for Regular Admission|
|Provisionally admitted student fails to fulfil eligibility criteria as prescribed||No refund of fees|
Cancellation Policy for Confirmed Admission
For cancellation of admission, the student needs to submit the application for cancellation of his seat along with original fee receipt to the admission department (if cancellation is before commencement of the programme). If the cancellation is after commencement of the programme, the said application to be submitted to the administrative officer for further process.
The Refund Policy Schedule as per UGC circular D.O.No.1 -3/2007 (CPP- II) dated 6th December 2016:
- If a student chooses to withdraw from the program of study in which he / she is enrolled, institution shall follow the following four-tier system for the refund of fees remitted by the student.
|Sr. No.||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is served to college||Percentage of Refund of Total fees|
|1||Before the formally notified last date of admission||90%|
|2||Not more than 15 days after the formally notified last date of admission||80%|
|3||More than 15 days but less than 30 days after formally notified last date of admission||50%|
|4||More than 30 days after formally notified last date of admission.||00%|
Notified Last Date of Admission (Phase 2 admission) : 31st August 2020
Notified Last Date of Admission (Phase 3 admission) : 15th October 2020
Notified Last Date of Admission (Phase 4 admission) : 10th November 2020
Note: The above refund rules are subject to revision as per UGC notification (as applicable). Candidates should refer important dates of the respective program.
Payment of fees:
The promoted students for the subsequent years are required to pay the fees as per the email received from Accounts department. Late fee will be levied if the fee is not paid within the due date.Non-payment of fees within the stipulated time including the late fee period will attract cancellation of the studentship from that program.
- In case of vacancy, if any, further phases of admissions may be conducted. Details regarding the same will be notified on the website.
- The above schedule may change under unavoidable circumstances or as per directive or instructions from admitting authorities of Somaiya Vidyavihar University. The revised schedule, if any, will be notified on the website.
After commencement of any programme, if a student wants to take a break for certain valid reason, then he/she can do so as per the following norms :
The academic break can be granted to any student by HOI and the maximum period for an academic break is one year only. This will be based on HOI getting convinced of the reason for academic break.
Eligibility for academic break:
- Serious personal medical reasons involving hospitalization, if required and supported by documents.
- Serious ‘family’ related issues.
- Financial constraints.
The HOI will approve the academic break and forward the application of the student to admission department for necessary process.
The academic break can be granted to any student at best twice during the programme as long as the total period of academic break is not exceeding one year and not exceeding the validity period of that programme.
- Payment of Fees for the academic break: If the student has informed the HOI regarding academic break before the commencement of the relevant year and not paid the total fee for that year, then if his academic break is granted, he can pay the total fee (100%) prevalent at that time when he seeks re-admission.
- If a student wants to take academic break after the commencement of the academic year, but he has not attended the classes and if the fee is not paid, then while seeking re-admission he has to pay the total fee (100%) plus 25% of the total fee as re-admission fee to continue his studentship.
- If the student has paid the total fee for the entire year and then sought the academic break after commencement of that academic year in the middle of semester again, then he has to pay 25% of the total fee prevalent at that time, towards re-admission in subsequent year.
|Academic break||Fees to be paid at the time of admission after academic break|
|Informed before the commencement of the year||100% total fee prevalent.|
|Informed after commencement, not attended classes and fees not paid.||100% total fee + 25% readmission (prevalent).|
|Informed during the semester / trimester fees not paid for current year.||100% total fee + 25% readmission (prevalent).|
|Informed during the academic year and fees paid for that year.||25% of total fees as readmission fee prevalent that year.|
Link of the application for NRI / PIO (OCI)/ FN/ CIWGC
- NRI: Non Resident Indian as per the definition given in the section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961. ‘NRI Candidate’ means a candidate who is a child/ward of the person who has the ‘NRI status’ as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
- PIO: Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) means a citizen of any country other than Bangladesh or Pakistan who had (a) at any time held Indian passport or (b) he or either of his parents or any of his grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or the Citizenship Act, 1955 or (c) the person is a spouse of an Indian citizen or a person referred to in (a) or (b)
- CIWGC: Children of Indian Persons Working In Gulf Countries
- FN: Foreign Nationals, foreign passport holder
- Parents, grandparents, parents’ real brothers/sisters or candidate’s real brothers/sisters holding NRI status can sponsor.
- The sponsor must be able to produce an NRI certificate from the Indian Embassy indicating NRI status and should be holding an NRE/ NRO account in Indian bank or an account in foreign bank
Location details of the college
S K Somaiya College is about 5 km from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai India and is about 25 km from the Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (formerly VT station). It is in the heart of the Mumbai city and is very well connected by road as well as local trains to the entire country.
- June to October - rains (heavy/ moderate)
- November to January- mild winter or pleasant (up to 30º C)
- February to May- hot and humid (up to 38º C)
About the College
Dr. Shantilal Karamshi Somaiya College is constituent college of the Somaiya Vidyavihar University, S K Somaiya College - founded in 2019 with its future-ready, sprawling campus, a world - class learning infrastructure offers a 360 degree career transformational set-up. It offers diverse educational undergraduate and postgraduate programmes , curated and developed by a large number of eminent teachers and experts from industry, serving on the statutory academic bodies of the College in the ﬁelds of Commerce, Management, Humanities, Social Science, Science & Technology.
It also offers the ﬂexibility to complement a Major with a minor degree, and develop advanced theoretical and research skills in the Honours programme. All of this is aimed at giving an extra edge to students, displaying their varied skill sets and talents upon embarking on a career in a competitive corporate market and nurturing qualities such as leadership, discipline, organizational capability and managing skills along with Social Responsibility and Environmental Sensitivity.
About the programs offered
About NRI/PIO/CIWGC/FN Admissions
Yes, the blood relative can sponsor education of a candidate.
No. A foreign student (citizen) can study at S K Somaiya College only with a 'Student Visa'. If the foreign citizen is of Indian origin, then he/she can apply and get a PIO (People of Indian Origin) Card or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India). Students with PIO or OCI can study in India without a student visa.
You can apply for a Student Visa in your nearest Indian Embassy or Consulate. You will have to apply for a Student Visa based on the confirmed admission letter issued by the International Admissions Cell of S K Somaiya College.
No. There is no entrance test.
Undergraduate programme admissions are given on the basis of the 12th standard or equivalent examination’s marks. Postgraduate programme admissions are given on the basis of the semester V or equivalent bachelor degree examination’s marks. The candidate can be from CBSE, ICSE or any other board which is considered as equivalent
Yes. The course / tuition fee is to be paid in Indian Rupees (INR). However, the fee amount has to be paid from NRE or Foreign Account.
About Process of Application
Provisional admission process has already started.
The application processing charges are INR 1500 for the Programmes
|1||Provisional admission acknowledgement|
|2||S.S.C or Equivalent Mark-sheet|
|3||H.S.C / Final year diploma / Equivalent Mark-sheet|
|4||Bachelor Degree final semester Mark-sheet (Applicable for admission to postgraduate programme)|
|5||College Leaving Certificate (Applicable for admission to undergraduate programme)|
|6||Transfer Certificate (Applicable for admission to postgraduate programme)|
|7||Gap Certificate/ Affidavit required
|8||Equivalence Certificate / Migration Certificate of concerned Board (if candidate passed HSC / equivalent from other than Maharashtra Board)(Applicable for admission to undergraduate programme)|
|9||Candidate has to obtain the medical certificate from Somaiya Medical Diagnostic Centre, Vidyavihar|
|10||Two passport size Photographs of the candidate|
- Additional Documents to be submitted by NRI
- Letter from the Indian Embassy, where parent(s) is/ are working, indicating the NRI status of the parent.
- Additional Document to be submitted by PIO
- Scanned copy of Passport issued by the country of citizenship of the candidate & Parent / Sponsor including visa pages/ work permit
- Scanned copy of PIO / OCI card
- Additional Document to be submitted by FN
- Scanned copy of Passport issued by the country of citizenship of the candidate & Parent / Sponsor including visa pages/ work permit
No. Candidates/ Parents should directly contact the International admission cell of the college for any information on NRI/PIO/ CIWGC /FN admission. S K Somaiya College in any way, will not be responsible if candidates apply through agents.
- The candidate needs to pay INR 1500 for programme as Application form processing fee at the time of submission of application form. Please find the details in the payment section below.
- After completion of payment upload the scan copy of acknowledgement
- The candidate will have to pay a fee of INR 75,000 (Provisional admission), ONLY WHEN A PROVISIONAL SEAT IS OFFERED while accepting the offered seat.
- Candidate needs to confirm the Provisional admission within four working days of declaration of result of H.S.C(for Undergraduate Program Admission )or Final Year Bachelor Degree(for Postgraduate Program Admission) or equivalent examination, by paying balance fees. Else, the candidate loses the claim on the offered seat
- Cancellation rules are applicable as per existing SVU cancellation rules available on college website sksc.somaiya.edu
- Please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
15th July 2020
The admission is considered confirmed only after payment of the entire first year fees. Typically the college will start in the first week of August 2020 details of which will be communicated to you separately.
Academic Fees for the Programme is Two times the Total fees per annum applicable for Resident Indians.
For undergraduate programmes refer to
For postgraduate programmes refer to
Please click here for Campus life